How we protect your privacy
The CAFE FOR SALE website (“Website”) is owned and operated by The Trustee for Steven Ellis Family Trust ABN 46 328 373 399 (“The Trustee”). The Trustee recognises and values the protection of your personal information. The Trustee is governed by and observes the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The Trustee also recognises concerns you may have in relation to the collection of personal information and how The Trustee will store, use or disclose that information.
What type of information does The Trustee collect about you?
During the course of carrying on our business, we may collect personal information relating to you. We usually collect the following types of personal information:
- name, address, occupation, professional memberships, and contact information;
- financial information; and
- information about your dealings with us.
Your option not to provide your personal information to The Trustee Providing your personal information to The Trustee is absolutely optional. However, if you do not provide your personal information to The Trustee, we may not be able to:
- contact you or give you access to certain benefits; or
- it may affect our ability to meet our obligations to you.
Every time you use the Website, The Trustee may collect certain information about you, including:
- the date and time of your visit to the Website;
- your IP address;
- the type of browser and operating system you are using; and
- any address of a recurring Website and any Website you are about to visit.
The above information provides The Trustee with details about how the Website will be used, including the frequency and duration of visits, and which web pages you have accessed on our site. The information about you which we collect will not personally identify you.
The Trustee will not collect any sensitive information from you. Sensitive information includes your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, details of health, disability, sexual activity or sexual orientation.
Personal information via the Website
If you would prefer not to receive cookies, you can alter your security settings on your web browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, by disabling the cookie function in your web browser you may impede your ability to use parts of the Website.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Your personal information, including your e-mail address, will be used for three primary purposes:
- (a) to ensure the proper functioning of the Trustee’s business;
- (b) for the marketing, planning, development and research requirements of the
- (c) to conduct surveys or market research that allow improvement in the types and quality of services offered to you by the Website.
The Trustee will not use or disclose, or permit the use or disclosure of, personal information that could be used to identify you in any circumstances except:
- (a) to ensure the proper functioning of the Trustee’s business in relation to you;
- (b) to seek your views on the operation of the Website in order to improve our
service to you;
(c) to communicate with you promotional offers and special events.
(d) where The Trustee is required or authorised by law or if it is reasonably necessary to enforce the law; the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim;
(e) there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health; or
(f) you have given express consent to The Trustee for a prescribed purpose.
The Trustee will not sell, distribute, rent, license, disclose or reveal, share or pass your personal information onto any third parties, other than those who are contracted to The Trustee to keep the information confidential whether subject to a statute or a scheme which imposes similar restrictions to the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) regarding the handling of personal information.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information collected from you that we use or disclose is accurate, current, complete, and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised personnel of The Trustee.
Please keep in mind that no information transmitted over the Internet is guaranteed to be 100% secure. We will endeavor to protect your personal information, however, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information that you send to us, or receive from us.
These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we will use our reasonable efforts to ensure its security.
Unsubscribe from the Trustee email database. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “UNSUBSCRIBE” typed into the subject of the e-mail if you wish to unsubscribe from The Trustee’s e-mail database.
Security of information
The Trustee is committed to ensuring that all financial details are collected and stored in a secure manner. The Trustee will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it stores about you from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modifications, and disclosure during collection. Your personal information will be destroyed in an appropriate manner when it is no longer required by The Trustee for the specified purposes.
Access and correction of personal information
You can at all times access personal information which we store about you. If any change to personal information impacts your membership to any of the Trustee’s products or services, you will need to provide The Trustee with your updated personal information in order for us to ensure that our records are accurate.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to access or modify personal information that you have provided to us.
For further privacy information, please refer to the Australian Privacy Commissioner’s Website www.privacy.gov.au.
CAFEFORSALE.COM.AU © 2020 | ABN 46 328 373 399
The Cafe For Sale website (“Website”) is owned and operated by The Trustee for Steven Ellis Family Trust ABN 46 328 373 399 (“The Trustee”). Cafe For Sale (“cafeforsale.com.au”) is committed to observing and complying with its obligations at all times under any relevant Spam legislation and regulations in any subject country. The term ‘subject country’ means the country in which the customer accesses the Website.
The Trustee assures you that:
- (i) it has crafted an internal policy to educate its staff and implement clear guidelines and rules in relation to the dissemination of commercial electronic messages;
- (ii) you are at liberty to unsubscribe from any mailing list at any time, to which you have previously subscribed. If for any reason there appears to be no facility to be removed from the mailing list, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org advising us of your wish to unsubscribe. Alternatively, you may call 0490118825 and request to speak to our Spam Policy Administrator; and
- (iii) it will not use address-harvesting software for any reason whatsoever.
To assist The Trustee in combating Spam, we request your assistance with the following:
- (i) if you receive an unauthorised commercial or offensive message, which appears to originate from a CAFEFORSALE.COM.AU email address, please assume that it has been sent in error and notify us immediately;
- (ii) please ensure that you unsubscribe from any of the CAFEFORSALE.COM.AU mailing lists if you wish to no longer receive commercial messages from CAFEFORSALE.COM.AU or its contracted third parties; and
- (iii) if you subscribe to the CAFEFORSALE.COM.AU mailing list, please ensure that we have your current details at all times, by updating us on any change in, or cancellation of, your email address.
Thank you for taking the time to read The Trustee’s Spam Statement.
CAFEFORSALE.COM.AU © 2020 | ABN 46 328 373 399
Spam Statement last updated 1 February 2020